Sunday, July 18, 2010

Uncontrolled Diabetes

Here is a question I recently received from FOODPICKER.org

I have just been diagnosed with diabetes. Doctors say I have uncontrollable diabetes any tips on how I can get my sugar level down?

As a new diabetic, it is normal for your blood sugars to be out of control, due to the new diagnosis. However, this is the best time to take ownership of your condition and receive proper education and strategies to manage your condition.

The following hints may be helpful to you:
*Take medications regularly
*Check blood sugars as recommended
*Don't skip meals
*Exercise daily
*Keep a food diary to keep an accurate record of your daily food intake
*Meet with a registered dietitian (RD) and/or certified diabetes educator (CDE)
*Meet with your doctor regularly
*Check to see if there are diabetic education classes or support groups in your community. Many hospitals and/or local health centers offer these types of resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment