Sunday, August 22, 2010

Potluck

Here is a question I recently received from FOODPICKER.org

I attend a monthly book club with friends that includes a dinner potluck in which everyone contributes a dish. I have type 2 diabetes and I struggle with what to eat at the potluck. Could you offer me some tips?

Potluck can be difficult and tempting, but here are some strategies to help you stay on track.

*Eat a snack prior to going out, so you'll be less hungry and less prone to overeating.
*Choose a small plate to help with portion control.
*Look around- see what everyone brought before serving yourself.
*Drink water as your beverage.
*Stay away from the serving line! Once you have served yourself, go into another room to chat.
*Since you must also contribute, bring a healthy alternative that fits into your diet plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment