Sunday, June 27, 2010

Exercise

Here is a question I recently received from FOODPICKER.org

I have been diagnosed as pre-diabetic. The doctor has not put me on any medication, but would like me to lose weight and watch my diet. I’m not sure how much or how often I should be exercising. Could you give me some tips?

Exercise is great way to stay in shape, stay healthy, and help control blood sugar.

When exercising, it is best to find an activity you enjoy. Whether its walking, jogging, yoga, dance, or hitting the gym, by choosing something you enjoy, you're much more likely to see it as a chore and keep this habit for the long haul.

The CDC (Center for Disease Control and Prevention) recommends 2 hours and 30 minutes (150 minutes) of exercise a week, or 30 minutes 5 times per week. This may seem overwhelming, but splitting your time up throughout the day is a key to success. If you don't feel like you can do 30 minutes per day, try 10 minutes of exercise 3 times a day. Persistence and dedication to exercise is they key to success. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment